Not in the near future. I have several latest releases lined up to review for this week.
I have a whole list of films that I want to borrow at the Esplanade, including THE THIRD MAN, THE WAGES OF FEAR, REPULSION, PEEPING TOM, THE BIRDS, and of course, all the Ingmar Bergman films and films by Ozu, Kurosawa, Ichikawa, Mizoguchi, Fellini, Truffaut, Godard, and many, many others.
I am not sure if Lucas has seen Bergman's film. But it's more likely than not. Though I haven't heard of anyone writing about THE SEVENTH SEAL as one of the influences of STAR WARS. It has always been films like THE HIDDEN FORTRESS...
That will be my question to ask if I ever had the chance to meet the STAR WARS creator. :)
Comments
I have a whole list of films that I want to borrow at the Esplanade, including THE THIRD MAN, THE WAGES OF FEAR, REPULSION, PEEPING TOM, THE BIRDS, and of course, all the Ingmar Bergman films and films by Ozu, Kurosawa, Ichikawa, Mizoguchi, Fellini, Truffaut, Godard, and many, many others.
That will be my question to ask if I ever had the chance to meet the STAR WARS creator. :)